As this is a new mine site for the company, the role will involve extensive site travel for the first three months to establish strong relationships with key onsite stakeholders to establish processes and procedures and relationships.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for the finances of the entire entity. Key duties will include:
- Coordinating and preparation of the end to end annual budget.
- Manage the monthly rolling forecasts including variance analysis and identifying key opportunities and risk.
- Manage the treasury function including short-term cash management.
- Provide weekly cash flow forecasts to management and manage cash flows and cash calls for the JV and Group.
- Implementation of procedures and policies to improve effective financial management and reporting for the entity.
- Oversee month end accounting requirements including preparation of JV management accounts, driving performance pack and management reporting.
- Ensure month end timetable deadlines are adhered to by reviewing month end reports with variance analysis.
- Work closely with site personnel with respect to accounting and costing performance queries.
- Ensure the integrity of the general ledger including reviewing balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ensure effective management of capital assets and capital management process.
- Prepare working papers and financial statements.
This role is offered on a temporary to permanent basis and therefore candidates will need to be available at short notice.
For further information, please call Tiffany Way on 3854 3802 or click apply now.