Senior Analyst Capital Strategy
|Job Title:||Senior Analyst Capital Strategy|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Kennedy|
|Job Published:||January 22, 2019 14:15|
The Model Governance, Insights and Capital Strategy team is responsible for the monitoring, governance and oversight of the models and providing insights from the models to drive superior business outcomes. The team is also responsible for developing and driving the capital strategy, capital targets and triggers and developing and maintaining capital frameworks.
The Senior Analyst of Capital Strategy plays an important role within the team in providing support for the Capital Strategy function together with broader support for the Capital Strategy & Risk Models team, as required.
Key responsibilities will also include:
• Contribute to regular capital management reporting to senior leadership in relation to dividends, optimisation initiatives and capital management activities generally.
• Provide commentary and/or impact analysis in relation to regulatory capital reform.
• Update and refine the Advanced regulatory capital forecast tool, incorporating impact of regulatory capital reform.
• Provide specialist input into the metrics and measurements associated with key capital frameworks, including portfolio and sub-portfolio level return on equity and risk adjusted return on capital
• Updating and reporting on the Standard & Poor’s Risk Adjusted Capital ratio, highlighting any changes and the estimated impact.
• Provide analytical support for stress testing activities as required and for the wider Capital Strategy & Risk Models team.
The successful candidate will have a degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics / Mathematics, or Risk. You will have previously worked in a financial services analytics function, preferably Banking, experience in managing projects and programs of work.
You will have a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Excel and Word in particular, and have a working knowledge of SQL and have a high level of analytical skills, modelling capability and problem-solving skills. You will enjoy a fast paced environment and have the ability to convey complex data in a concise understandable manner and distil the key messages. It is critical you have strong interpersonal skills and be a confident communicator with a high level of verbal and written skills.
For more information please contact Sarah Kennedy 07 3854 3801 or apply below.