National ASX Listed Organisation are looking for a Senior Technical Business Analyst/Business Intelligence Analyst to work across their Enterprise Data Warehouse. In this role, you will be working on reporting and dashboard requirements, including layout, navigation, and access control. Working with the development and project delivery teams to define data requirements in terms of measures, dimensions, and hierarchies.
- Gather and document business requirements by working closely with project stakeholders
- Define reporting and dashboard requirements, including layout, navigation, and access control
- Define data requirements in terms of measures, dimensions, and hierarchies
- Perform data analysis and data modeling to help validate business requirements and solution design
- Perform analysis on source systems and EDW (SQL queries) to understand source data and assess data quality
- Perform source-to-target mappings, including transformation rules, to inform interface design
- Work with the development team to translate business requirements into functional designs and a working technical solution
- Working in Hybrid Agile and Waterfall software development methodologies
- Facilitate system and user acceptance testing, participating in defect triage and resolution activity
- Ensure trade-offs between value and functionality are understood by the business
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills
Requirements Elicitation and Analysis
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task, and workflow analysis, and develop requirements specifications according to standard templates.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives/projects simultaneously.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the vision and analyse tradeoffs between usability and performance needs to ensure timely implementation.
- Act as the liaison between the business units, technology teams, and support teams.
- Assist in defining the vision and scope of assigned projects in alignment with project timelines and budget.
- Liaise closely with the Project Manager regarding prioritization and estimation of levels of effort, and risk and cost of implementation.
- Identify issues and risks, ensuring that they are appropriately captured raised and actioned.
- Manage change requests related to the working project plans daily to meet the agreed deadlines.
- Develop requirement specifications, functional specifications and process models.
- Assist with business case preparation.
- Design and execute test scripts and test scenarios including coordination with business units who test, validate, evaluate new applications and functions and determine issues in services and software; and provide support to test team members.
- Ensure that all affected stakeholders have a complete and common understanding of the implications of any system changes / new features.
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce or technology or accreditation in Business Analysis.
- Enterprise Data Warehouse (SQL queries) to understand source data and assess data quality
- Certifications: SDLC knowledge, Business case development.
- Experience: > 5 years’ verifiable experience in commercial or technology organisation.
- Business Case, financial and cost-modeling development.
- Significant demonstrated experience in business analysis activity.
- Demonstrated experience in managing teams in a supportive way.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
Interested in hearing more about this opportunity! - Apply now! firstname.lastname@example.org