As a Senior Business Analyst, you will play a key role in supporting IT and its Business Customers by providing BA services. They will be skilled in operating within the context of a project, as well as contribute to the continuous improvement of the Business Analysis Practice.
- Strong stakeholder management, requirements elicitation and documentation, strong presentation skills, experience with modelling tools (esp process mapping).
- Develop, define and document IAM processes and procedures across different application teams
- Drive technology roll out campaigns
- Develop internal and external relationships working collaboratively to support the effective operation of IAG project milestones
- Liaising with senior stakeholders both in technology and in the business
- Cyber Security Project – Identity Governance and Privilege Access Management Stream.
Core project deliverables: understand the Identity source of truth and streamlined access provisioning / de-provisioning, user access validation, approval process and reporting.
- The Senior BA will play an integral role in engaging with the Business or Function in defining their needs and providing direction with regard to the appropriate approach toward addressing those needs.
- Requirements Elicit, analyse and prioritise business requirements for assigned IT initiatives.
- Document and manage requirements in accordance with the needs of the specific project, whether that be within a Waterfall or Agile methodology context.
- Business Process
- Identify the impacts to Business Process and define the improvement opportunities through the discovery, analysis and documentation of both current state and future state processes.
- Be able to document processes in accordance with BPMN2 standard.
- Undertake any other project tasks as agreed by the Project Manager.
- Deliver services in accordance with practices and standards as determined by the Global Business Analysis Practice.
- Deliver approved projects/work efforts to the agreed schedule and budget, to the standard required by the IT Project Framework process, and to the satisfaction of the business customer. This may include:
- Defining and documenting scope,
- Managing stakeholder expectations through effective communications,
- Ensuring sufficient testing is performed to confirm that the solution is fit for purpose
- Managing the production deployment and handover to BAU/support