The Business Information team is responsible for the collection, analysis and translation of the firm's reporting requirements into data or report specifications; working with the development team to perform systems testing; facilitating UAT, planning for a production rollout; and providing ongoing training and provision of expert user support.
Until a systemised report or metric is deployed, the Business Information team is also responsible for providing second level data and reporting support for ad-hoc and operational reporting.
Responsibilities will include;
- Provide efficient, proactive, analytical, responsive, client-focused, operational reporting support through delivery of reports and investigation, diagnosis and rectification of issues; includes but is not limited to reports produced in Elite (ERP/PMS), BI tools and Excel.
- Peer review data solutions, reports and data packs provided by other members of the Business Information team
- Decipher and translate business requirements, providing operational support, training and reporting within agreed SLA's
- Work with the Business Information Manager and stakeholders at all levels to understand the business, the key drivers and gather data and reporting requirements
- Analyse and critically evaluate business requirements to determine options for a value-add solution. Solutions must be designed within the BI framework:
- Consider business processes, KPIs and existing Data models
- Take into account a holistic view of the firm's information needs whilst aligning with the Business Information strategy
- Translate business requirements into specifications for data structures, database views or reporting outputs, which supports the Business Information and reporting strategy
- Perform system testing and execution of functionality and data test plans; Facilitate user acceptance testing and sign off, including assistance creating user acceptance tests and end-user training plans
- Perform data query and analysis to diagnose and resolve issues, or identify potential improvements, using various data query tools including SQL, Elite Metrics, excel and other reporting tools;
- Provide assistance with the documentation of a business glossary, data dictionary, and taxonomy
- Assist in the training and education of users to address support requirements and deliver new reporting suites, including preparation of documentation and intranet updates;.
- Ability to balance conflicting demands across varied areas of responsibility including operational support, improvements and enhancements and projects;
- Ability to self-manage multiple action items to agreed deadlines and priorities;
- Perform other tasks as required by the Business Information Manager
- Experience translating reporting requirements into technical specifications, which are easy to understand for the delivery of business information solutions
- Experience in design and delivery of standardised data and reporting solutions, including reporting dashboards
- Process expertise, including Business analytics, external and internal reporting, support and coordination of metrics and scorecards,
- Experience with delivering client focussed, operational support within agreed SLAs
- Ability to understand the key information needs of the business, which is key to performing data analysis and critically evaluating requirements
- Experience in collecting, managing and aggregating data from various sources
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; and analytical and investigative skills
- Experience querying relational databases, preferably using SQL Server 2008/2012 and Microsoft Excel
- Experience with practice management systems
- Experience supporting Budgeting and Forecasting systems advantageous
- Experience with QlikSense advantageous