Our client, a large, well known diversified financial institution continues to grow and improve their range of services to their loyal customer base.
They have recently enjoyed positive growth and increased market share across their established product lines are looking to further expand their product offering in Insurance. To enable better business outcomes they are looking to hire a specialised Senior Analyst who can produce customer insights, product and pricing analytics to enhance uptake of these products. This newly created role will be integral in providing support to new strategic projects and internal stakeholders who are working in Insurance.
Reporting to the General Manager of Customer Insights and Data your team will be primarily focused on using data driven Insights to improve how the group makes decisions and creates value.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Inform and facilitate the decision making processes, including pricing decisions, product development, marketing initiative development and risk decision management, by delivering Insights to key executive and management personnel.
- Run small projects and initiatives to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of business decisions.
- Work collaboratively with the product team to improve their understanding of underlying and changing Portfolio and Customer behaviours.
- Work collaboratively with the marketing team to inform and develop and analyse campaigns.
- Work collaboratively with the pricing and distribution teams to improve Customer acquisition and retention strategies.
- Build and evaluate complex models using bank and Customer data to provide strategic input and insight into business challenges.
- Work as a Group function, collaborate across teams, divisions and business lines to facilitate appropriate outcomes.
- Tertiary qualification in appropriate field such as Economics, Applied Finance, Statistics, Actuarial Studies or Commerce and previous experience in a similar role.
- Post qualifications in related disciplines will also be highly regarded.
- Proven experience in working in a customer focused analytical role
- Very capable in financial modelling and performance analyst
- Excellent stakeholder and process management skills
- Experience in working in either Financial Services or Insurance would be highly advantageous but not essential
- Technical skills in this role relies on the use of SQL, SAS, TM1 and PowerBI to extract, transform and analyse Customer and Portfolio level data and information.