This Australian owned environmental startup has experienced significant success and growth since starting its operations last year.
With an office of 30 people, you will be happy working within a start-up nature where no two days are the same. You will be confident in working in an autonomous role and be self-sufficient in sourcing the relevant information from the relevant stakeholders.
This is a fast-paced business in which is rapidly growing which is hard working, collaborative and caring. The managers and leaders of the business are very impressive and have excellent leadership style. They are all passionate about what they do and are keen to work with like-minded people.
Reporting into the GM of Finance, you will be responsible for delivering several outcomes for the finance function for year end and for producing valuable financial reporting for this thriving start up.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with the shared services team remotely and in person to up skill staff and to improve the information being fed to the senior finance team based in Brisbane.
- Assist in balance sheet reconciliations, profit and loss statements to ensure accurate and timely financial reports.
- Establish financial reporting templates to gather critical information for board reporting and performance of sites.
- Prepare financial statements and work papers.
- Be the first point of contact for auditors and the main point of contact through the year end process.
- Assist in analysis and other ad hoc projects as directed by the senior leadership team.
To be successful in this role, you will have a CA/CPA qualification and have extensive experience in a financial accounting function and have a hands on approach. You will have confidence in working with a remote finance team and not be phased by a start up and unstructured environment. You will be technical by nature to identify issues and areas for improvement but have big picture thinking to prioritize what is important and the bigger picture of what the deliverables of the role entail.
This is a fantastic opportunity to help an Australia owned and growing organisation which has huge potential growth. Whilst this role is a contract, the opportunities for longer term engagements are endless for the right person.
Due to the start up nature, ideally you will have experience working within a changing and dynamic environment and be confident in an ever changing environment where no two days are the same.
You will be available immediately for a short-term contract.
If you would like to know more, please call Tiffany Way on 07 3854 3802 or Apply Now.