Based in the heart of Melbourne's CBD, our client is one of the largest and most comprehensive regional health services in Australia, providing care to women and children in times of need and vulnerability.
Reporting to the Finance Director this role will require you to manage the finance function and will focus on;
- Preparing the monthly profit and loss, and balance sheet reports.
- Budgets and forecast preparation.
- Assist in the preparation of annual/half year statutory accounts
- Consolidation of 16 entities.
- Responding to financial inquiries by gathering, analysing, summarising, and interpreting data.
- Providing financial advice by identifying potential complications and applying financial principles and practices; developing recommendations.
- Collecting and analysing data, which is then used in the preparation of weekly and monthly estimates.
- Ensure all company statutory requirements are met promptly.
- Preparing monthly cash flow statements and controlling expenditure and cash flow.
- Conducting internal audits on key financial functions.
- Examining and reviewing financial records to check for accuracy.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce, Economics or related field.
- Additional qualifications such as CPA or CA (CA is preferred but not essential).
- Intermediate to Advance skills in Excel.
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Brilliant organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines.
- Detail oriented, ability to multi-task, work independently and prioritise tasks.