My client is an ASX200, who operate as a leader in their particular business stream within their sector - a mix of services, retail and products. They have a down to earth yet high performing finance team. Offering a strong culture of inclusion and career development.
The SFA reports to the Financial Accounting Manager, and indirectly to the Group FC. The SFA assists the "FAM" in their primary responsibility ensuring the integrity and accuracy of the financial reporting, gl journals, month-end rec's, and management of the statutory audit process.
You will manage Funds Under Management accounting and forecasting as well as the half and full year stock-take process.
You will take on a supervisory role within the team ensuring accurate and timely delivery of tasks as well as mentor-ship to a team of Accountants.
Finally, you will participate in ad hoc projects as/when they arise.
About you (WHAT YOU POSSESS)
- Complete CA/CPA qualifications
- Are a ambitious and driven individual looking to grow in your career
- Previous working experience in medium to large business
- Experience working in or auditing services, retail or product based business.
- Supervisory experience ideal
- Strong technical understanding of A-IFRS and internal controls
- Stong business acumen and ability to deal with business challenges and relate to non-finance stakeholders, both internal and external
- Oracle experience highly regarded