Our client is Australian Agricultural Company (AACo), one of Australia's largest integrated cattle and beef producers, operating a strategic balance of properties, feedlots and farms in Queensland and the Northern Territory.
AACo has a long and proud history of sustainability and growth, and now manage one of the country’s largest cattle herds, exporting premium beef to 16 major markets around the world. AACo have a strategy focused on diversification to their operations, development of their people, and innovation across their integrated supply chain, ensuring long term sustainable growth and performance.
The Senior Financial Analyst – Pastoral is a key position created to lead a trusted partnership between finance and the operations and management of the business unit. Supporting the Head of Pastoral and the Regional Operations Managers, your key deliverables will be providing strategic financial advice, commercial decision-making support, and counsel across the operations of the business. This role has an extensive remit across the delivery of financial performance, reporting and analysis for the key stakeholders, as well as supporting the development and coaching of the Financial Analyst – Pastoral.
This role is responsible for providing content in preparation for group financial reports, monthly revenue and costing analysis, and the provision of management reports to various business streams. Through the key focus of an effective finance business partnership with Pastoral Operations stakeholders, you will drive insightful analysis and reporting that is fit for purpose, supporting data lead decisions which are aligned to AACo’s strategic objectives.
There is regular travel to site associated with this role, approximately 1 week a month for 9 months of the year.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and competencies.
- Tertiary qualification in a related field and registered or accredited professional. Post Graduate accountant (CA/CPA/CIMA) preferred
- Demonstrated experience within a finance business partner setting, proven track record of driving value within operations ideally across agriculture, mining, or process-orientated industries
- Demonstrated experience and ability in developing local finance strategy and actions from an overall business and finance strategy;
- Professional and committed with a continuous improvement mindset, the ability to challenge existing processes, the ability to apply technical skills in a practical and commercial manner;
- Strong communication skills and an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Proven proficiency in management information analysis
- Flexibility to demonstrate strategic thought leadership and execution skillset as required
- Excellent presentation and communication skills combined with strong facilitation and workshop skills
- People management experience and the ability to deal with non-financial stakeholders
- Proficient financial modelling skills
For more information, please contact Sarah Kennedy or Haydn Furness on
(07) 3854 3805