You will encompass a broad array of tasks aligned to the companies external reporting processes. This will not only include business as usual reporting processes, such as assisting in the compilation of consolidations, the assistance in the development of the reporting period financial statements and other reporting related internal deliverables, but also ad hoc tasks such as data reconciliations associated with the implementation of new accounting systems, assisting with the implementation of new accounting standards and assisting with the development of pro forma financial statements and financial reporting procedures.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading the teams external financial reporting requirements for half year and full year end reporting and audit;
- Liaise with external auditors during the half year process;
- Assisting with tasks associated with the implementation of the new accounting system, including reconciling data between systems and ensuring consolidation entries are accurate;
- Assisting with the preparation of Board and Audit Committee materials;
- Documentation of new processes associated with the implementation of the new accounting system;
- Design of new financial reporting disclosures associated with the companies integrated reporting adoption;
- Perform analysis and activities at a group level as required by key stakeholders;
- Provide assistance during the month end process, primarily related to the reconciliation of intercompany amounts, cash flow reporting and/or corporate related journal entries; and
You will need to be CA/CPA fully qualified (candidates from Big 4 or a mid tier chartered environment would be highly preferred). You must have exposure to large group consolidations, group financial statement preparation and group reporting period processes and have experience in a large listed company. You will need to have good communications and excellent stakeholder management skills and be a self starter.
The candidate must be willing to embrace change, bring a “can-do” work attitude and demonstrate the ability to build solid work relationships and rapport. The role will require liaison with key individuals in the group and business unit finance functions and across various business units.
It is essential that you are available on a maximum of 2 weeks notice.
Please click “apply” if you are interested and have the relevant skillset.