Navigator Global Investments is a diversified asset management holding company dedicated to partnering with leading management teams who operate institutional quality businesses globally, primarily in the alternative investment management sector.
Listed on the ASX, Navigator is currently on an exciting growth phase, recently acquiring several strategic investments. The Brisbane based corporate head office is a small team, looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated person who can take carriage of a project to execute and manage the accounting function for a recently acquired business.
The Senior Management Accountant position is accountable for the accounting operations of Navigators recently acquired Investment entity and its subsidiaries, including the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of NGI's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles & international financial reporting standards (IFRS).
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Maintenance of accounting general ledger including AR, AP & staff expense processing
- Liaising with Investment entity management & staff to coordinate approvals, review and reporting analysis
- Payroll processing in preparation for outsourced payroll provider
- Tax compliance including preparing BAS, IAS, Payroll Tax and FBT returns
- Preparation of tax return workpapers
- Monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations, end of month close processing & consolidation accounting
- Prepare management reporting & analysis, including cash flow forecasting & compliance with AFSL regulatory requirements; and
- Provide assistance to external auditors at reporting periods.
- Are you CPA/CA Qualified?
- Do you have 3+ years of experience in a Commercial Environment?
- Familiar with asset management organisations?
- Do you enjoy a variety of tasks – from developing a set of processes up front, transitioning data to a new GL system, to analysing data and producing reports, as well as getting into the detail and processing transactions to truly be accountable for a project?
- Have corporate accounting experience such as processing AR, AP and preparation and lodgements of BAS, IAS, PAYG, Payroll tax and FBT?
- Do you enjoy working autonomously with ownership over an entire project and have strong organisation and communication skills to liaise with operational management?
Please get in touch with Haydn Furness for more information.
0413 665 678