Credit Union Australia, Australia’s largest customer owned financial institutions entering an ambitious and exciting growth phase that will strengthen their profile and position within the sector.
As a proudly owned customer organisation, their focus is on helping more Australians achieve home ownership and reinvesting their profits back into better products and experiences for their customers.
As the Senior Manager, Credit Strategy you will lead the design and execution of the credit risk optimisation strategy for CUA. Working with key partners and internal stakeholders, you will pro-actively manage critical quantitative models and tools used in the origination and management of CUA’s lending products in a way that balances growth, customer experience and credit risk.
Leveraging the success, they have had with the ongoing Home Lending Transformation program, you will work with the program and external partners to develop strategies to further optimise home lending through credit risk models, tools and practices. This will include, for example, the integration of a home lending scorecard, optimising business rules and related credit processes. Similarly, you will work closely with Product Managers and other stakeholders to further improve credit risk management for other asset classes.
This is a newly established role in Credit Risk, giving you significant opportunity to build the right processes and strategy to deliver great outcomes for CUA and its customers.
- You will be degree qualified in finance, business management, mathematics, or similar relevant field.
- You will have a sound knowledge of the retail Financial Services sector in Australia combined with ten plus years in senior credit risk management roles within a financial institution, with leadership and management experience.
- You will be adept at building and executing strategies that support organisational objectives and have experience with developing, implementing, and managing complex quantitative models.
- It is assumed you will be highly numerate and analytical with a proven track record of using data to identify opportunities, forming persuasive recommendations and execution.
- You will demonstrate success in partnering with third parties to deliver business outcomes and have a detailed understanding of the end-to-end lending process and policy implications.
- You will be a natural leader, a strategic thinker and have highly developed verbal and written communication skills with ability to articulate complex message throughout all levels of the business.
For more information or a confidential discussion please contact Sarah Kennedy on email@example.com or 07 3854 3801. To apply use the apply now function.