This Australian Disabilities NFP is successfully expanding and growing into a strong reputable competitor in their industry. This is a brand new role managing Risk, Quality and Compliance initiatives to assist with the management and evolution of the business to serve their client centric model. This company offers career progression for it's staff and this role, and is seeking someone who is driven by passion to make a difference.
Reporting to the GM of QRC, you will be managing a small team of 4 staff to achieve business goals in compliance, risk and quality matters including developing frameworks from scratch which meet ever changing industry standards.
- Lead and mentor the QR&C Team to ensure that the Quality, Risk Management and WH&S Frameworks are consistently and effectively implemented across the organisation.
- Identify training required for team and support them in responding to high-risk complaints and feedback.
- Develop and champion a positive risk mitigation and health and safety culture and the effective implementation of loss prevention and recovery strategies for safe services for clients and staff.
- Oversee the organisations Work, Health and Safety improvement initiatives to reduce the number and value of lost time injuries and organisation of return to work initiatives
- Undertake trend analysis on incidents, accidents, safety issues and compliance audit outcomes to inform management around decision making and recommend actions for improvement.
- Report to the Board of Directors and relevant committees on key risks and the effectiveness of the Risk Management Framework.
- Engage with QR&C networks across the disability sector regarding regulatory and compliance issues and best-practice risk management
- Follow, contribute and work in a culture committed to continuous improvement through active participation in quality and workplace safety initiatives, and the identification of areas for improvement.
The ideal candidate will have worked in the Disability sector and have working knowledge and understanding of the NDIS Quality & Safeguarding Framework, including the NDIS Practice Standards.
Other considered backgrounds are someone from Operations roles or Audit who has managed many portfolios and industries before, and can quickly adapt to a new industry.
-You will demonstrate strong People Management experience and ideally have NDS/Healthcare or Human Services Industry experience behind you.
-Experience in audit/quality assurance processes and hands-on experience in conducting quality audits, preferably within the disability sector or a similar sector.
*You will be able to commute to the Northern beaches for site based work.
Sounds like you?
Hit Apply and call Samantha Philpot on 0450220902.