This media / entertainment company based in Pyrmont is searching for a Senior Payroll Manager to join their team overseeing a team of four. The company boasts having an excellent collaborative culture and having a close-knit team environment.
The position is focused on process improvements, reporting, team management and month-end procedures.
- Manage a team of four payroll officers
- Ensure payroll is processed accurately for 1000 staff in accordance with employment contracts, awards, EBAs and legislation changes
- Month end duties including journals and reconciliations
- Oversee workers compensation, payroll tax, and group tax
- Respond to payroll queries
- Prepare necessary reporting
- Assist with the audit process
- Business partner across divisions to ensure policy consistency across the company
- Propose and implement process efficiencies
- Previous payroll management experience overseeing a team
- End to end payroll experience
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of Superannuation, payroll tax, FBT, redundancy calculations and legislation compliance, among over things
- Knowledge of awards and EAs
- Excellent communication and business partnering skills