Reporting to the Financial Controller, your duties will include:
- Maintain the integrity of the payroll/costing system and ensure internal control procedures are being met
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of current Employment Agreements and legislation affecting payroll functions
- Responsible for the timely and accurate processing of both weekly and monthly payrolls.
- Calculate and processing of adjustments and termination pays
- Calculate and maintain all leave entitlement data, allowances and deductions
- Process payroll or before the due date
- Ensure correct coding and allocation of payroll invoices
- Processing of salary sacrifice transactions.
- Maintain the company motor vehicle register and ensure processing of relevant invoices
- Maintain copies of employee records/personal files on payroll related matters
- Ensure files and payroll data is accurate and current at all times.
- Ensure electronic record keeping and filing is kept up to date
- Complete statutory and other reports including Payroll Tax and Superannuation returns
- Responsible for the monthly reconciliation of payroll data to the general ledger including processing payroll journals
To be successful in this role, you will have full function payroll experience working with a large ERP system. You will have an excellent customer service approach, be detail orientated and be able to identify areas for change and embrace it. You will work within a small and collaborative team and work in a relaxed, friendly and hard working culture.