Key responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following duties;
- Ensure that all members of the Corporate Risk and Compliance Division are aware of, understand, support and comply with all applicable laws, policies and procedures.
- Implement appropriate regular and ad hoc risk reporting to inform the CFO, CEO, the Board and sub-committees, and senior management to ensure effective understanding and monitoring of priority risks across the company.
- Develop the business plan for the Division; incorporating financial budget, statistical analysis and action plans and within this, ensuring the plan supports the corporate purpose and vision by growing shareholder value.
- Lead and manage the Risk and Compliance Division on a day-to-day basis; specifically ensuring the team is adequately resourced and managed to deliver against the division business plan.
- Participate in the implementation of business strategies and plans as part of the Management Team.
- Develop, implement and manage the ongoing review and effectiveness of corporate frameworks for the effective identification and analysis of corporate risks across all aspects of the business.
- Develop, implement and maintain the corporate legal compliance system to formally identify, monitor and ensure ongoing compliance with all applicable legal, regulatory and other obligations.
- Develop, implement and manage the Business Continuity and Crisis Management Programs.
- Manage and provide independent continuous oversight of the Internal Audit function.
- Develop, implement and manage the Fraud control program to ensure risks and threats to the Group presented by theft, fraud and corrupt activity.
- Provide advice and strategic input into the business and annual plans, relevant legal contracts, process mapping, commercial decision-making and core business practices to ensure the integration of a risk-based framework for the appropriate measurement, evaluation and management of areas of risk.
You will have prior experience in a large commercial business environment, or complex financial institution. You will have a sound knowledge of standards, legislation, systems, tools and methodologies relevant to the functions of the role and be passionate about implementing effective Enterprise Risk Management solutions.