Global Australian ASX Listed Organisation is looking for a Senior Solution Architect (Finance, HR, Payroll, & Supply Chain). They are embarking on a significant portfolio on greenfield projects. You will be accountable for the design and communication of high-level structures to enable and guide the design and development of integrated solutions that meet current and future business needs. In addition to technology components, solution architecture encompasses changes to service, process, organisation, and operating models.
In this role you will be;
- Accountable for the design and communication of high-level structures to enable and guide the design and development of integrated solutions that meet current and future business needs. In addition to technology components, solution architecture encompasses changes to service, process, organisation, and operating models.
- Provides advice on technical aspects of system development and integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc) and ensures that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices (including security) are applied correctly.
- Uses appropriate tools, including logical models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of systems architectures in a specific business or functional areas. Takes responsibility for the balance between functional, service quality and systems management requirements in their area of expertise.
- Within a business change programme, assists in the preparation of technical plans and cooperates with business assurance and project staff to ensure that appropriate technical resources are made available.
- Takes responsibility for the accessibility, retrievability and security of specific subsets of data and assesses the integrity of data from multiple sources, including a clear understanding of all areas of business data and its relevant policies of use.
- Provides subject matter expertise and strategic domain architectural services within the domain/tower Corporate Services – specifically Finance, Payroll, Procurement, Supply Chain Management within Construction.
- Provision of comprehensive guidance and oversight on the selection of, the development of, and modifications to, solution components to ensure that they take account of relevant architectures, strategies, policies, standards and practices (including security) and that existing and planned solution components remain compatible.
- Collaborate with business, project and other IT stakeholders to ensure the architecture is understood and accepted into production.
- Implements policy and strategy for the selection of solution architecture components, and coordinates design activities, promoting the discipline to ensure consistency. Ensures that appropriate standards (corporate, industry, national and international) are adhered to.
- Accountable to produce solution architecture documentation as defined within the Architecture Practice.
- Participate in IT architecture and project governance forums and frameworks to ensure solutions receive the required sign-offs throughout the project lifecycle.
- Participate in the research, evaluation and selection of hardware and software technology and product standards, as well as the design of standard configurations.
- As a critical member of an IT Project or change initiative team, analyse business problems, understand the process and have the ability to define a solution architecture to meet those requirements.
- Assist with business requirements analysis and capture relating to project initiatives.
- Understanding of the integrated construction and Finance, HR, Payroll and Supply Chain related business activities or at least within the construction industry in terms of business drivers, organisational structures, processes and functions and business information.
- Understanding of emerging patterns and technologies applicable to the business
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Ability to contribute to the estimate the financial impact of Solution alternatives
- Ability to document solution architectures using a variety of diagramming and modelling techniques including ArchiMate modelling language
- Ability to coach and mentor other less experienced members of the solution architecture team
You will have the following experience;
- Tertiary education in Information technology and Communications
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in IT
- Minimum 8 years prior experience as a solution architect.
- Strong track record applying structured analytical and problem-solving thinking
- Exposure to enterprise solutions designing practices, covering processes, roles, governance mechanisms.
- Experience with the application of Enterprise Architecture disciplines to the big picture long term alignment of IT services to changing business needs.
- Technical knowledge and experience aligned with the domain of specialism
- Well-versed in common security practices and controls
- Experience with shortlisting, evaluating and selecting a suitable software solution for the business
- Integration – Informatica PowerCenter, Oracle SOA Suite, database technologies and integration tools, general integration best practice
- Experience with ISO 20022 message format and other common payment message formats
- Finance, HR, Payroll and Supply Chain
- Oracle E-Business Suite including (Procurement Module) - Punch-Out, P-Cards
- Workday HRIS, Corporate Payment Solutions
- Treasury Management Systems, Payroll systems
- Supplier Pre-Qualification / Assessment Tools (e.g. Achilles, Pegasus, ConstructionLine)
- Product Catalogue Solutions
- Mobile Applications for Logistics, Delivery & Receipting
- Supply Chain Performance Management Solutions