6-month contract - potential to go Permanent
Providing systems engineering, network engineering, and project management expertise. The Network Systems Engineer will support the overall goals/objectives of IT Program; specifically, analyzing designing, testing, and evaluating LAN and WAN technologies.
Identify, manager, and resolve specific technical requirement issues, perform analysis of alternatives (AoA's) and develop roadmaps and engineering assessments. Assist in developing plans and requirements for the N2W LAN Network design, to include wired and wireless solutions. Assist in coordinating plans and requirements with other NGA stakeholders. Provide lifecycle project management analysis conduct studies, participate in major reviews, perform hardware, software, and technology evaluations; identify solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Math / Science / Engineering or IT related degree
- 10 years of demonstrated experience developing networking technologies such as routing, circuit switching, packet switching, multiprotocol label switching (MPLS), and encapsulation protocols, as well as their accompanying international, government, or industry standards.
- 5 years of IT planning/scheduling/ requirements development experience supporting a large and complex IT program similar to the N2W effort
- 2 years of demonstrated experience implementing DoD / IC secure wireless strategies and policies, such as Commercial Solutions for Classified (CSfC)
- Looking for a Go To person
- M.S. Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or IT related degree
- 5 years of technical experience providing transport support for IC / National System for Geospatial Intelligence (NSG) systems network infrastructure
- LAN / WAN certifications (e.g. CCIE, CWEE, CCDA, JNCP, JNCIS, JNCIP)
- Microsoft Products
- VoIP Platform