An excellent opportunity for a seasoned Tax professional to work with a high performing team based in the Sydney CBD, offering a market leading package plus bonus.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Tax effect accounting and consolidation for monthly management accounts and statutory half/full year reporting. This includes monthly analysis of tax sensitive transactions.
- Tax compliance for the group, which incorporates a range of taxpayers from SMEs to large corporates, tax consolidated groups and foreign entities.
- Preparation or review of income tax returns.
- Review calculations of and advise on FBT and GST matters.
- Assist with business and portfolio acquisitions / disposals.
- Prepare all tax documentation for completed transactions.
- Work with the M&A and Group Finance teams to determine tax consequences of complex transactions.
- Assist in continuous process improvement.
- Degree qualified in Commerce/Business with a CA/CPA.
- 5 years experience within an Australian Tax Accounting role, either within Financial Services or Chartered Accounting.
- Sound technical knowledge of both direct and indirect tax.
- Proven background in accounting consolidations, tax-effect accounting, tax compliance.
- Strong MS Excel skills.