This is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract
As the Senior Tax Specialist you will support the Tax Manager in delivering tax services to the group and be responsible for the day to day management of income tax compliance and reporting requirements for a large number of managed investment trusts. You will be required to efficiently complete trust tax distribution calculations and returns for the listed trusts, property trusts and property security trusts.
Some of your other key responsibilities will be:
- Day to day management of income tax compliance for managed investment trusts and prepare the periodic and annual trust tax distribution calculations.
- Prepare the trust income tax returns.
- Further development of processes and models to deal with tax obligations
- Help implement new tax regimes and law changes, and assist implement income tax advice from external advisors.
- Provide support to the Tax Accountant and work with the Manager to help resolve more complex trust tax issues.
- Work on projects on the group trust side such as complex CGT issues and implementation of new tax regimes, documenting tax positions internally and for external advisors.
- Keep abreast with latest tax and industry trends and identify any opportunities for the business
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the business and the implications for tax.
- Build positive relationships with key internal stakeholders in the business and increase their general understanding of tax principles.
For more information please contact Sara Vanderheld or call 07 3854 3804