This well known business is headquartered in Brisbane, and has a core vision of continuing to play a vital role in the Queensland and National Electricity Market, whilst focusing on diversifying operations and revenue streams to adapt and thrive in a consistently changing energy landscape.
Through 2020 & COVID, they have remained focused and motivated, emerging in 2021 with growth to teams and without losing key personnel. With that in mind, the business have a new permanent position within the finance function, offering a motivated Settlements Officer a great career opportunity, to learn and work with an experienced team in a broad engaging role.
This position comes with growing responsibility and one which offers the opportunity to build relationships and work closely across front office trading teams, back office functions and external stakeholders. Responsibilities will include:
- Verification of derivatives transactions, record management and counterparty confirmations
- Utilising contract and settlements systems to validate settlement statements from AEMO to metered statements, accurate counterparty settlements as well as authorisation of settlements, and counterparty changes as per market convention
- Assist in daily, weekly, and monthly settlements reporting
- Dispute resolution regarding generation data, hourly prices, and contract details
- Assist in system changes
- Perform Accounts Receivable duties, prepare banking procedures and maintain all processes and administrative duties
You will be a team player, motivated to work in a culture driven business within the energy sector. Ideally you will bring energy market experience, financial services and banking candidates will also be attractive backgrounds - experience within a settlements related role is key. You will consider attention to detail and ability to follow processes as a key trait, and bring strong communication skills both written and verbally - this will ensure you are comfortable and confident in working with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
With a competitive remuneration, this is a permanent position based in fantastic offices within inner Brisbane, with the business also adopting a flexible approach to work. The business always looks to internally promote so you will join a culture focused on encouraging development and progression.
Please get in touch as soon as possible to be considered.
(07) 3854 3805