They are helping to shape the future of the energy sector, and offering a dynamic and boutique culture in which you can be part of the new look for Energy in Queensland and in a responsive energy market, provide flexible energy solutions for their customers, such as utilities, industrial users and other intermediaries.
The purpose of this role is to carry out spot trading activity while contributing to the market operations of the energy asset portfolio. This will be achieved through stakeholder engagement, trading operations, trading strategy and continuous improvement. In this role you will be required to work on a roster with other trading team members.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Analyse National Electricity Market to understand supply, demand, competitor strategies and transmission constraints to identify opportunities to maximize gross margin.
- Optimize physical and financial trading positions
- Assess risks and opportunities of plant operations by coordinating with operations staff
- Provide analytical support to other teams in particular the financial trading team.
- Submit plant offers into the National Electricity Market in accordance with the NEM/CPT timetable, and in compliance with the Risk Management Policy
- Provide some analytical support for the retail function
The successful applicant will have well-developed interpersonal skills and be a highly capable communicator both written and verbal. You will enjoy complex analytical roles and be able to promptly synthesize large amounts of information and make timely and well thought through decisions.
For a confidential discuss please call Sarah Kennedy at 07 3854 3801 or firstname.lastname@example.org