Well known Australian Financial Services is searching for a hybrid SQL Developer & Analyst to work in an agile team, scoping, documenting and delivering on data management requirements for the business.
- SQL Database development and ETL
- Analysis, design, and build of new and enhanced components on the platform.
- Developing, automating and maintaining procedures and reports
- Working closely with management to prioritise business and information needs, helping the project to prioritise delivery activity
- Take the initiative in providing proper analysis to guide management in decision making
- Active participation in design and architecture reviews of projects and enhancement changes.
- Provide estimates and inputs to requirements for future projects and enhancements.
- Provide second line support to operations staff.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities in the sourcing, management and maintenance of enterprise data
Reporting to the BI Manager, you will deliver technical solutions to the business as well as external and group level stakeholders on regulatory requirements.
You will be solely responsible for scoping requirements, drawing functional specs and then developing and delivering technical reporting solutions.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrable experience in the following:
- Strong experience as a SQL developer in a Large sized enterprise, Financial services, where you have been responsible for both scoping requirements and developing BI solutions
- Strong BI & ETL skills with a strong preference on the SQL Server BI Stack
- Access VBA
- Investigative work to interpret data structures, which may be undocumented and in diverse technologies
- Enhancement and maintenance of existing DWs and ETL processes, including:
- the development of new functionality,
- small scale redesign and
- bug-fixes as necessary
- Creation of specifications, designs and other documentation to enable development and support of data warehouses and supporting applications
- Development of quality assurance processes that ensure correct behaviour of ETL systems
- Ensuring data is transported and landed in a secure and controlled fashion
- Creation of shell scripts or other command-line utilities to automate repetitive tasks