Key areas of responsibility:
- Technical hands-on role responsible for maintaining and developing the IT infrastructure
- Lead engineer in provisioning network and security services
- Create and maintain the technology roadmaps, ensuring the services are appropriately aligned to the Museum and surrounding technologies
- Responsible for ITIL based 3rd line operational support, providing a point of escalation for the Service Desk and mentoring technical staff in improving infrastructure service delivery
- Conduct preventative maintenance routines to ensure the uptime and performance of the IT infrastructure. Ensuring services meet security best practices.
- Ensure the IS department maintains excellent functioning relationships across its infrastructure services suppliers
The ideal candidate will be educated to A level, or equivalent, with demonstrable experience of working in a similar role.We are looking for a team player who embraces change and is skilled at planning for the future. With strong negotiating and influencing skills, you will be an excellent communicator of technical ideas and information.