Our client is looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to be responsible for building supportable, reliable and functional software applications, while collaborating with key stakeholders and working to enhance the company's existing technology platforms into integrated productivity functions.
You will be responsible for adhering to ITSM processes and security policies as well as software development lifecycle to ensure all code is developed in accordance with best practices and supporting documentation is created and kept up to date.
- Continually working with vendors to ensure the risk, commitment, and commercial obligations of the firm are understood, managed and communicated.
- Sharing knowledge within the IT department to continue to the growth of the teams' overall technical knowledge.
- Ensuring that the core applications perform at an agreed standard and are operational for business.
- Act as a trusted advisor by liaising with key stakeholders to achieve business outcomes through solutions.
- Continually working with vendors to ensure the risk, commitment, and commercial obligations of the company are understood, managed and communicated.
- You will be working closely with colleagues in the applications team, you will work with the broader department as well as other corporate services (Finance & Legal).
- You will be expected to perform out-of-hours maintenance and critical support when required.
- Experience of Windows 2012/2016/2019 Server and supporting technologies such as AD,DNS,WINS,DHCP.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of systems support and administration, including patching, maintenance, and log monitoring.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Adherence to ITIL V4 processes such as incident, change and problem management.
- The skills to debug, troubleshoot and maintain existing applications and integrations.
- To manage the implementation of solutions in line with project timelines and service level objectives.
- Experience with database tools, Microsoft SQL preferred.