A global entertainment provider who offers a unique and diverse offering of services to their customers and clients. They hold events both nationally and internationally and offer a fantastic team culture.
With offices across Australia, they are looking to grow their Brisbane team with a Senior Tax Accountant who holds great leadership potential to join for a 10 month fixed-term contract with a potential of permanency or longer term opportunities within the finance function.
Reporting into the CFO who is based in Brisbane, you will be working within a finance team of 6 with others in finance spread across the Australia offices.
Your key duties will include:
- Manage compliance and ATO lodgement for all internal entities and external clients (mostly national yet some international tax) including IASs, BASs, FBT and Income Tax returns.
- Liaison with the ATO including payment arrangements and interest remissions.
- Review of financial statements, income tax work papers and ATO lodgements for all entities, including the external client base.
- Lodgement of tax documents and statements with the ATO
- Preparation of ad hoc tax advice.
- Project work as directed by the CFO and Group Financial Controller.
- Mentoring 2 junior tax accountants.
The successful candidate will have a strong tax accounting background ideally from practice and some commercial experience. You will have experience of tax consolidated groups and working with external auditors on taxation issues.
You will have demonstrated working experience and knowledge of Australian tax legislation and compliance.
You will have excellent communication skills and the ability to build rapport with stakeholders both internal and external.
The company fosters a collaborative, relaxed and fun environment. Staff are rewarded with excellent benefits and great discounts to their events.
They pride themselves on a strong work/life balance and flexibility on hours to their staff.
There are longer term career opportunities potentially on offer within the business.
If you are interested in hearing more information, please call Tiffany Way 07 3854 3802 or click Apply Now.