A leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for future growth have seen them become a trusted adviser to local and global corporate, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. Due to a company wide restructure, this firm has multiple vacancies available for Team Assistants to come into newly created roles and join a fresh administration team moving the business forward! This role is not for the faint hearted.. This is a busy, fast paced role for the ambitious, who have their sights on career growth and opportunity. This role is offered on a 6 month contract initially with view to permanency.
You will be working in a Centralised Administration Hub, representing a floor of Practices to provide proactive and effective general administrative assistance across a diverse range of tasks.
Tasks include but not limited to:
Floor Support & General Administration:
- Arranging courier collections or deliveries, and distributing post or completed work.
- Providing and installing basic hardware IT replacement equipment, and providing ad hoc equipment for room sets up and health and safety requirements.
- Answering calls and taking accurate messages, passing these on promptly and assisting with queries where possible.
- Arranging conference or video calls.
- Filing and archiving: organising, printing and maintaining hard and soft copy files, preparing expired files for vacating and arranging collection or retrieval.
- Data entry for record keeping and updating client databases.
- Processing and submitting expense claims and other administrative tasks (such as engagement letters, membership, learning records, business cards, labels).
- Arranging travel requirements through direct providers or through the online travel portal for booking of flights, accommodation, transport and itinerary.
- Assisting with New Business Intake requirements and client file opening and related processes.
- Consolidating any outstanding disbursements on client accounts and completing relevant paperwork.
- Assisting with the monthly billing process: creating or amending bill narratives and drafting/finalising bills.
- Ad hoc administrative and problem solving tasks as required.
- Preparation of internal and client documents: Creating and amending documents including, PowerPoint presentations, pitches, CVs, comparisons, and filing appropriately to the firm's document management system.
- Carry out research or client intelligence where helpful for pitches, marketing, events, briefing packs or approaches.
- Assisting with the coordination of client events which may include arranging meeting facilities, assisting with welcoming and registrar, and assisting with the amendment of speaker materials.
Minimum 1 year experience in an Administrative role, ideally from a larger organisation. You will be ambitious and professional with a passion to add value, using a customer centric approach and have a drive to progress in your career.
- "Can do" and proactive approach, including accepting tasks outside the general scope of duties and keen to learn new skills and develop or improve on skills sets.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to plan and prioritise effectively.
- Demonstrates initiative and strong client focus with good written and verbal communication skills.
- Behaves in a professional manner, and is personable and approachable at all times.
- Resilience, with the ability to thrive and effectively work with continuous change, challenging stakeholders and tight deadlines.
- Team player, able to work well with others to achieve divisional or task specific goals.
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to adjust priorities or working hours when necessary.
- Excellent level of technical ability in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Hit Apply now! Sam Philpot