A leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for future growth have seen them become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. Due to a company wide restructure, this firm has created a Team Leader role to manage a new Centralised Administration Hub. Join a fresh administration team moving the business forward! This role is not for the faint hearted.. This is a busy, fast paced role for the ambitious, who have their sights on career growth and opportunity.
Reporting to the Operations Manager and acting as 2ic, you will have responsiiblity for management of a team of x23 Admin Assistants and Executive Administrators at various lavels.
- All leadership and management will be done in liaison with the Operations Manager.
- Day to day supervision of Central Services Hub service delivery; directing tasks through workflow and providing guidance or direction when required.
- Encouraging team work and a fair distribution and allocation of work across the team.
- People management tasks including:
- Ensuring adequate cover is arranged for holiday and sickness.
- Assisting with the recruitment of, and selection of team members.
- Arranging the on-boarding requirements for new team members such buddies, inductions and introductions to the team.
- Managing performance conversations including the annual performance review.
- Working with the Operations Manager to determine skill requirements and training needs.
- Driving continuous improvement to ensure the team is working efficiently.
- Excellent stakeholder management encouraging the adoption of the Central Services function.
- Relevant experience within a professional firm.
- At least two years' experience in managing a team and demonstrable people management skills developed within a central service delivery function with a high customer service focus.
- "Can do" and proactive approach, including accepting tasks outside the general scope of duties.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to plan and prioritise effectively.
- Demonstrates initiative and strong client focus.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Behaves in a professional manner, and is personable and approachable at all times.
- Resilience, with the ability to thrive and effectively work with continuous change, challenging stakeholders and tight deadlines.
- Commercial acumen, methodical approach, with high levels of attention to detail.
- Team player, able to work well with others to achieve divisional or task specific goals.
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to adjust priorities or working hours when necessary.
- Keen to learn new skills and develop or improve skills sets.
- Excellent level of technical ability in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- The ability to work flexibly as the Central Services Hub will provide support from 7am-7pm.