An ASX listed FMCG business with a fantastic reputation in the industry has grown year on year. With an emphasis on maintaining superior customer service and a personal approach, they are seeking a qualified Technical Accountant to join their high performing team.
Working within a large team where there are multiple opportunities for longer term employment in a growing business, you will be a pivotal part of the finance team. They have a collaborative, fun, dynamic and self-driven team who takes ownership of their work and can work with minimal supervision.
Due to a couple of changes internally and changes required to comply with the change in accounting standards, they are seeking a technical accountant to support them for an 8-month contract starting ideally ASAP.
This is a unique and varied role which will manage and implement IFRS 16 as well as support the Reporting Manager with year end duties.
Your key duties will include:
- Collating data and relevant company information
- Interpreting the standard and the changes required to comply with the new standard
- Developing templates to extract information
- Performing reviews and testing templates
- Forecasting the impact of the accounting standard on the financial statements
- Partnering with the wider finance team to communicate the required changes to month-end procedures to accommodate the new standard.
- Assisting with year-end financial reporting and preparation of financial statements
- Liaise with auditors
You will be CA/CPA Qualified and ideally have a background in Audit. You will have experience within a technical accounting role and will have been involved in the implementation of accounting standards. You will be self-driven to run an implementation project with minimal supervision and have a strong financial accounting background.
This contract is to start immediately and therefore candidates should be on a short notice period or available immediately.
If you would like to know more information, please call Tiffany Way on 07 3854 3802 or click Apply Now!