Prestigious Financial Services organisation is looking for a Technical Business Intelligence Analyst to work on a greenfield Data Warehouse. You will be working as the Reporting & Interfaces Analyst between the business and Data Warehouse Project team. Responsible for the analysis, design, a specification of reports, statements and interfaces under the scope of the Data Warehouse Project.
This role will primarily work with the following stakeholders:
- Business SMEs from Finance, Compliance, Operations, Product & Marketing SMEs as users of reports and interfaces.
- The delivery team comprising data modellers, ETL developers, Report Developers and technical testers.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Assess and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of systems/applications to ensure user requirements and business objectives are met in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Validation of business requirements and development of specifications as required in relation to software projects and amendments, within agreed timeframes, through collaboration with business representatives and vendors.
- Facilitate workshops and solution review sessions with business stakeholders and technical personnel, and manage feedback loop and expectations.
- Provide direction to technical and analyst resources in the team, ensuring that there is consistently high quality in the work that is produced.
- Manage local system modifications and releases with team resources.
- Manage vendors and other third parties involved in the delivery of project components as required. Assist developers to investigate and find the resolution of issues during the development process. Ensure solutions are built to specifications and to a high standard.
- Work with the Test Team to ensure suitable test cases are developed. Assist the Test Team and users with testing of changes to systems and management of defects/reporting as required.
- Act as technical SME for local systems.
- Provide mentoring to a local team in technical, process and business knowledge.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously.
- Work with architects in the development of software and technology solutions in response to the business needs and strategic initiatives, providing input into solutions and design choices
- Develop a sound understanding of the business model, processes, procedures and applications and actively contribute to improvements and efficiency gains.
- Degree qualified in IT, Business, or related discipline; and/or relevant work experience in a similar role.
- 5+ years DWH reporting applications experience