Global Wealth and Investment Banking organisation are looking for a Technical Business Analyst to work within their IT Project Delivery and Change division. As the Technical Business Analyst, you will be responsible to successfully contribute and deliver multiple greenfield initiatives! You will also contribute to the development of PMO BA practices across the team, identify and recommend process simplification and standardisation programs.
- Project Initiation Documentation AS-IS and TO-BE client initiatives
- Prepare and/or support in the preparation of Project Initiation Documentation by defining high-level business problem or opportunity, success factors, key business drivers, high level scope statements and requirements.
- Engage stakeholders to establish a common understanding of the business needs
- Identify and correctly translate business needs into business requirements, not solution requirements
- Clarify and elicit business requirements, proactively identifying additional requirements not explicitly provided, obtaining missing information and resolving conflicting information among the needs and requirements
- Prioritise requirements into Critical, High, Medium and Low, essential vs desirable
- Ensure system requirements are consistent with the business requirements. Where possible
relate deliverables and their acceptance criteria to the requirements
- Validate business requirements with stakeholders to ensure they are based on an understanding of the stakeholder needs, expectations, constraints, and interface
- Engage stakeholders to ensure a common understanding of (and commitment to) all aspects of the project including objectives, scope, risks, benefits and any element they may be providing Gather all the necessary inputs and review to fully understand the requirements, specifications, applicable standards etc.
- Document the current (as-is) business process design if this does not already exist
- Document the to-be business process design
- UAT Plan, Cases Completion Report
- Contribute to the UAT Plan
- Assist the business and the test team in the production of UAT cases
- Contribute to the UAT completion report
- Contribute to the update of Risk and Control Matrices, Service Level Agreements and Business Continuity Instructions.
- Actively work to improve the standards and processes of the Business Analyst role
- Appropriately apply the development and project management methodology and where necessary work with the PMO team to improve the methodology
- Providing realistic estimates and delivering within these estimates (timeframe and budget).
- Adapting priorities to meet changing business priorities
Experience required to be successful
- 5+ years Business Analysis experience within Financial Services Industry
- 5+ years hands-on BA transformational change experience
- Waterfall and Agile methodology experience
- MS.Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint - Advanced
- Prior experience in system development, change management and/or client service delivery
- Prior experience working with data warehouse, SQL, BI reporting, unit pricing, and/or
accounting software - desirable
- Prior experience with process mapping, interface and data mapping
- IT Regulatory and Taxation experience – desirable
- B2B client transitions experience - desirable
- Experience in IT Wealth, middle-office, back-office administration - Desirable
Interested in hearing more about this opportunity? Apply now! Reece.firstname.lastname@example.org