Using the breadth of your knowledge and stakeholder skills of the processes within the Technology Branch to simplify interactions between your assigned business unit and the Technology branch. You will have a seat in the leadership team meetings of your allocated portfolio and will form strong relationships with all stakeholders in their portfolio to become the primary point of contact for their stakeholders when they have any technical requirements.
You will role also serve as an escalation point for assigned business units for operational and support matters, using their breadth of knowledge of the processes within the Technology.
What you will be responsible for;
- Requirements Management
- Proactively manage the relationship between business stakeholders and the Technology branch to align technology investments to business needs as well as the overall corporate strategy and technology roadmaps.
- Achieve an in-depth understanding of the processes and functions performed within assigned business units, as well as the impact of system outages to these processes and the demand this places on the service levels of Technology systems.
- Gather needs and high-level requirements from business stakeholders for new or additional technology functionality required by the business to perform its day to day functions.
- Facilitate the refinement and documentation of problem statements and detailed requirements from business stakeholders.
- Provide and facilitate an end to end process design and documentation service to business stakeholders.
- Provide and facilitate high-level solution design and consultation services to address business needs in alignment with the overall corporate strategy and technology roadmaps.
- Promote best practice approach to solution design through innovation, research and application of lean design principles.
- Influence the Technology capital program pipeline by providing extensive input into the prioritisation of work items for assigned business units in line with expectations of business stakeholders.
- Define and quantify benefits for strategic, innovation, new system and enhancement project requests and drive the development of business cases to secure funding for the delivery of these enhancements /projects.
- Keep business stakeholders transparently informed of the progress of demand for new/enhanced Technology systems.
- Act as an escalation point for business stakeholders and provide input into the prioritisation of Technology incidents by articulating the impact of these incidents on business processes.
- Work with Technology Operations team to identify and escalate improvement initiatives through root cause analysis on recurring incidents.
- Provides, sets and promotes excellent customer service standards within the Technology branch and to the business
- Drives disciplined planning, process, execution and measurement of work.
- Contributes to the financial planning processes and standards to support the execution of business strategy and promotes adoption and adherence.
- 3-10 years’ experience in a similar/professional role within the Consulting, Professional Services, Utilities or Technology sector
- Establishing close working relationships with business stakeholders and be recognised as a truly trusted partner.
- Aligning the business and technology priorities across the organisation.
- Provide insights into the creation of a technology landscape that is secure, reliable, recoverable while supporting a 24 x 7 operational company.
- Supporting the Technology branch and assigned business units through a major program of change.
- Driving innovation from a technology perspective.
- Supporting the development of technology platforms that are planned, architected and built to suit the business needs and delivered in a cost-effective manner.
- Achieving a true partnership with the business that sees Business Partner roles embedded into the senior management teams of the various business divisions.
- Extensive experience in Business Analysis and process design
- Communicate complex technical issues to influence senior executives to gain agreement to the level and direction of investment in technology, leveraging research and IP of partners, vendors etc. and present insights in a compelling manner to influence new technology investment to deliver business outcomes and manage risk.
- Proven understanding of modern Cyber Security principals in an enterprise environment and how these impact on the Critical Infrastructure License Conditions imposed by the NSW state government.
- Extensive experience in relationship management.
- Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing and gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating.