Large Insurance organisation is looking for a Test Analyst is required to provide testing services to various projects as they arise within the business. In this role, you will have a thorough and rigorous understanding of Guidewire. You will be responsible for Test planning, execution, defect management and reporting in testing progress.
In this role you will be required to;
- Understanding the business requirements and develop test cases
- Perform functional and regression testing; including but not limited to preparing test data, executing test cases, producing test progress reports and writing test completion reports.
- Update test cases and relevant test documentation based on any changes to requirements.
- Track the progress of defects raised as a result of the testing and drive defect closure by providing relevant documentation for root cause analysis for defect fix.
- Manage ageing defect and work with Test Manager to achieve timely and accurate closure of defects.
- Understand the criticality of the defect and escalate to Test Manager as needed to get required closure.
Experience required to be successful;
- Tertiary qualification preferably in Information Technology
- Ability to demonstrate the ability to undertake the above responsibilities
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the IT industry in systems testing
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in testing Guidewire Policy Center 8, 9 or 10.
- Guidewire Claims Center and Billing Center experience is essential
- Experience working with test management tools (e.g. Jira, Confluence)
- Working knowledge of test processes and standards.
- Understanding of agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban) and test methodologies.
- Experience of working with 3rd party vendors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative and pro-active attitude
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- Ability to manage competing priorities and work to deadlines
- Self-motivation and able to take responsibility
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity, apply now! Reece.firstname.lastname@example.org