- Immediate Start - Permanent position!
- Sydney, CBD - Mix of Office & WFH
- Career Defining Opportunity!
Prestigious Financial Services organisation are looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Manager with a strong emphasis on Automation. In this role you will be responsible for ensuring that all applications, systems, products, and projects meet defined quality standards. Further, the role will develop, conduct and evaluate application audits and testing processes.
Finally, the role will be responsible for ensuring quality assurance across both internal and external IT systems, by leading key test functions and resources. This includes developing or managing specific controls, approaches, and strategies to maintain the integrity of IT systems.
What you will be responsible:
- Manage the aggregate change to system environment by managing the impacts of each change to ensure the change introduces no additional or unnecessary risk.
- Lead and participate in review sessions of business requirements, technical requirements, and design documenters to ensure software changes are understood to facilitate testing.
- Develop and execute test plans for each test phase, detailing how risks will be mitigated throughout each phase.
- Ensure sufficient test coverage for IT as required to mitigate risks. Test coverage may include, but is not limited to, testing types, regression, volume, performance, load, stress, accessibility, maintainability, response time, supportability and usability.
- Facilitate training for applications, quality assurance processes and standards, in house automation tools and utilities for new resources.
- Recommend software releases into the production environment, and provide governance of releases into lower regions.
- Act as an escalation point for all testing and quality assurance related activities.
- Sponsor initiatives designed to support continual quality assurance process improvements, and the integration of the quality assurance process with other development activities.
- Build strong relationships and effectively partner with customers and IT teams to support the delivery of available systems, applications and their interfaces.
- Manage changes that surface during the test cycle by identifying and assisting in resolving issues, and engaging with stakeholder on resolution.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in managing and leading the execution of test functions across multiple small work requests, projects or within a program (essential)
- Experience working in financial services or asset management
- Proven experience building partner relationships.
- Experience in working in Agile environments, preferably as a Scrum Master
- In-depth knowledge of automated testing tools, and quality control and assurance processes.
- Strong Java script programming knowledge and experience working on a wide variety of Java script tools and libraries such as Puppeteer, Cypress, Protractor with assertion libraries like Mocha, Chai
- Ability to build an automation framework and experience in setting up jobs in CI/CD Jenkins
- Well-versed in version control tools like GitHub/Bitbucket
- Ability to analyse and translate business requirements and functional specifications into test requirements, test strategies and test plans.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with, and manage a team
- Reliable, responsible and dependable in holding themselves and others accountable in delivering the highest quality of service to internal clients.
- Adaptable to change and to a changing work environment.