This offers a rare opportunity to work alongside the fund managers who established the organisation. Due to company expansion, this is a brand new role.
This new role will help carve out a new "middle office" function being split off from the front office traders. This new team has come about due to increased growth over the last 12-24 months.
The Analyst’s key responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining detailed financial models for internal purposes and external purposes. This will include financial models for passive real estate assets, development projects and loans, as well as Private Equity models.
- Ensuring models agree to the approved investment committee papers and executed legal documents.
- Supporting the Fund Accounting Team with interpretation of legal documents/fund models on newly executed deals.
- Preparing monthly compliance sign off and model audit/cash flow forecast for investors.
- Preparing bank facilities’ reporting and compliance requirements.
- Obtaining and reviewing monthly project updates .
- Tracking the group’s profit and loss exposure, capital at risk positions and fee rebate exposures for Corporate and Management Team.
- Preparing payment processing instructions and obtaining approvals.
- Calculating capital calls based on funding requirements of underlying borrowers/investments.
- Calculating investor distributions and organising approval, investor communication and payment.
- Liaising with Deal Originators/Executors on deal amendments/waivers/variations as required including providing guidance on the best course of action.
- Supporting senior members with management of the investment portfolio including monitoring compliance requirements, preparation of quarterly investor distributions and quarterly investor reporting.
- Undertaking various ad hoc projects as required to support the real estate team including preparation of investor presentations.
This is an unusual opportunity in that you will play a pivotal role in the establishment of the middle office function for this successful business. You will work closely with the front office to split out the responsibilities, create processes & procedures, and establish best practice. We are looking for someone with:
1. 3-5 years middle office experience in a fund manager, investment manager or private equity firm
2. Strong excel stills (able to edit macros - you won't however need to build macros from scratch)
3. Excellent communication skills
4. Ability to adapt and pivot in a changing environment
- Excellent work/life balance
- Work in a close knit, very tenured team with low staff turnover
- Opportunity to carve out your role and eventually build a team