Service now and SAP knowledge will be held in high regard.
In this role, you will be responsible for building and managing relationships with vendors supplying Technology products and services ensuring that vendors meet or exceed their contractual obligations.
The role is focussed on securing business support for procurement initiatives, promoting compliance and adding value to the business. In close collaboration with Technology service owners, business stakeholders and vendors, the Technology Vendor Manager will ensure the best commercial and financial outcomes are achieved to contribute to business performance and enable the strategy through;
In this role you will;
- Deliver optimal value for money outcomes to meet internal business needs.
- Work closely with Technology service owners and Business stakeholders to ensure the efficient and effective operation of end-to-end procurement processes.
- Participate in day-to-day operational relationships with vendors in support of Technology contract owners.
- Analyse trends in company spending and inventory control in order to make recommendations for cost savings.
- Establish, implement and enforce supplier obligations and service level agreements to the organisation through vendor governance forums.
- Develop and deliver procurement bid proposals and tender documents.
- Define sourcing recommendations that support business goals.
- Negotiate pricing, terms and conditions of goods and services with key vendors and service providers.
- Support Projects and business cases with budget proposals and recommendations.
- Manage sourcing strategy and contract lifecycle by maintaining supplier contracts and commercial summaries to ensure adherence to contractual agreements.
- Collaboratively manage and monitor vendor performance and quality of service through vendor assessments.
- Monitor and benchmark market conditions to identify potential cost-effective solution opportunities.
- Maintains an awareness of the Technology Supplier marketplace and industry trends and solutions to introduce, maintain and support best operating practices.
- Builds and sustains relationships with customers, expert users, peers and service providers.
- Drives disciplined process execution and uses resources efficiently to maintain compliance and achieve Business goals.
- Leverage continuous improvement initiatives to create additional value above contract requirements.
- Contributes to the financial planning and budgeting processes and standards to support the execution of business strategy.
- Build and maintain professional relationships at all levels of business stakeholders
- Strong relationships with Technology Operations Managers and broader Technology Operations teams.
- Information Security team
- Technology Program Delivery team
- Technology Vendors
- Industry-leading solution providers
- Other Utility technology teams