Wholesale Gas Analyst
|Job Title:||Wholesale Gas Analyst|
|Job Published:||October 26, 2021 16:02|
The Energy Collective exists to create and scale digital businesses which disrupt utility retailing markets. We are at an exciting time where traditional utilities face technology led disruption. Customers increasingly expect brands to do good for their staff, the environment, and the local community, while simultaneously offering a seamless user experience and providing great value.
Underpinning our business is a progressive purpose led culture, and a strategy that recognises exceptional technology sits at the heart of best of breed consumer facing businesses. Our current markets for retailing are New Zealand and Australia with our Hyderabad operation providing technology development and process optimization capability to support the retail operations, ReAmped Energy & Electric Kiwi.
The Wholesale Gas Analyst is an integral new hire, created to assist with the initial build, on-going management, and development of the end-to-end wholesale gas operation for the ReAmped Energy business. Supporting the GM, this role has the scope to be the wholesale gas expert of the business as they develop a first glass Gas product heading into 2022 and beyond.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Build and maintain models to forecast daily gas volumes and costs
- Place injection and withdrawal bids into the STTM and DWGM in-line with timeframes and entering injection/withdrawal nominations
- Facilitate ReAmped Energy's operations in pipeline capacity trading and Auction Markets
- Work with GM on hedging gas wholesale exposure and policy, settlements team on gas settlements and prudential requirements
- Optimise gas portfolio by identifying opportunities to reduce costs to deliver gas
- Access and analysis of relevant gas reports from AEMO and facility operators , reconciliation of Market, Transmission, and Distribution systems
This role is perfectly suited to a curious and career driven candidate, who brings relevant experience within the Gas Wholesale market, STTM and /or DWGM. You will bring a strong ability in working with database structured, ideally using SQL.
Most importantly, you will be a team player who thrives on new challenges, with excellent communication skills to enable you to develop strong relationships internally and externally.
Perigon Group are working in partnership with TEC/ReAmped Energy on this hire, all candidate submissions of any kind will be managed by Perigon. Please get in touch for more information and a full position description, or apply online or through the contact details below.
(07) 3854 3805